What's Up CG?
  • Happy New Years! Let's make 2018 great for CG!
  • If you're looking at playing CS 1.6, we suggest GirlGam3r's Jailbreak!
  • Quote of the Day - "Don't hate the player hate the game."
  • For any inquiries about CSGO TTT or Hunger Games, contact Mitch and Bot Cloner, respectively.
    Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
The Asian

We're Back! Winter Raffle!

Thanks to the recent efforts of @Jim Raynor, we're seeing TTT take off once more! While our CS:GO side has room to improve, there are some sparks in activity throughout the day and is looking to rebound with the PUBG hype dying down.

So, with the holiday season already here, I'd like to host my own giveaway for the community. From now until December 31st, every dollar you donate will equal a ticket towards our end-of-the-year raffle.  Tickets will be awarded in the order the donation's are received. Example - @Scrinn donates $10, he will go in as tickets 1-10. Here's how the winners will be determined on Christmas this year.

----

Total Number of Tickets x (Random Decimal Value between 0 and 1) = Winning Ticket Number

Example - 305 x .0532323 = 16.23585 16 (Winning Ticket)

---

First Prize: $20 Steam Wallet Code

Second Prize: $50 Amazon Gift Code

Third Prize: 6 Month Premium ESEA Subscription

Raffle can only happen if we hit at least $100 of our donation goal. If anyone else would like to include a prize themselves into the raffle, PM me on forums. This winter, I hope we can get our servers going again and prove everyone wrong that we CAN come back, and we'll come back stronger than ever!

• Like 1
    • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Flipp3d said:

why on earth is the second prize so much better than the first 

It's just the order in which they will be drawn.

Total Number of Tickets x (Random Decimal Value between 0 and 1) = Winning Ticket Number

That should be changed to 

floor( (305) * RANDOM) + 1

Think of the edge cases. The last entry has a disadvantage. As it can not be > MAX so rounding gives them against odds. Most random number generators do not generate 1 as a N so the max with this new is 304.9 -> 304 then you add a 1 to 305 and a minimum of 0.1 and you add a 1 to get 1.

Edited by Webster

13 hours ago, Webster said:

That should be changed to 

floor( (305) * RANDOM) + 1

Think of the edge cases. The last entry has a disadvantage. As it can not be > MAX so rounding gives them against odds. Most random number generators do not generate 1 as a N so the max with this new is 304.9 -> 304 then you add a 1 to 305 and a minimum of 0.1 and you add a 1 to get 1.

you're a fuckin nerd 

On 12/5/2017 at 3:00 PM, The Asian said:

Raffle can only happen if we hit at least $100 of our donation goal.

OH DAMN, My super intelligent plan to donate 5$ in the last possible moment and take a prise failed...

Have to come with something smarter then that..

As the requirements for the raffle were not met, I cannot continue with the raffle. Reason for it is to make sure we do have the funds for our servers at the end of the month.