What's Up CG?
  • Happy New Years! Let's make 2018 great for CG!
  • If you're looking at playing CS 1.6, we suggest GirlGam3r's Jailbreak!
  • Quote of the Day - "Don't hate the player hate the game."
  • For any inquiries about CSGO TTT or Hunger Games, contact Mitch and Bot Cloner, respectively.
    Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
The Asian

Let's Rebuild CG, Together

Let us start a maple guild and do raids. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees? :sweatdrop: I don't have any addictive games hooked in, plus I'm done with college next month. So yo girl is gonna be off, I might transfer my work days around also. If anyone wants to do "The forest" during the weekdays hmu :)

+1 for maplestory. Has a large player base(last time i checked), multiple servers to chose from, several class options. Several Party game/raids/quest options. If we can recruit some high enough leveled/rich players we could form an AG guild.

Private servers are also a thing, allowing players to level up faster and get items more easily. If someone had the knowledge to do that. Could require players to sign up through the forums before getting access to the server.

Edited by ♥eZ^

5 hours ago, ♥eZ^ said:

+1 for maplestory. Has a large player base(last time i checked), multiple servers to chose from, several class options. Several Party game/raids/quest options. If we can recruit some high enough leveled/rich players we could form an AG guild.

Private servers are also a thing, allowing players to level up faster and get items more easily. If someone had the knowledge to do that. Could require players to sign up through the forums before getting access to the server.

Last 30 days the average is 721 players, I definitely wouldn't call it an active game by any means. http://steamcharts.com/app/216150 . Especially compared to a game such as cs:go where there are 330,000 average players in the last 30 days. http://steamcharts.com/app/730

9 hours ago, Michael said:

Last 30 days the average is 721 players, I definitely wouldn't call it an active game by any means. http://steamcharts.com/app/216150 . Especially compared to a game such as cs:go where there are 330,000 average players in the last 30 days. http://steamcharts.com/app/730

Those numbers show only the people launching maplestory through steam. The majority of the players launch through the nexon launcher. There is also another 3rd party launcher to play maplestory. So your numbers aren't correct.

And sure csgo brings in roughly 330,000 players in a 30 day period, but the csgo servers you have obviously dont seem to be bringing in enough new members. If it was we wouldn't have this thread.

Edited by ♥eZ^

On 11/20/2017 at 9:53 AM, ♥eZ^ said:

Not only that, new characters just came out in maple. Games who have the association to any guilds tend to work together and populate I believe. I would also suggest any nexon game relation, another thing is Overwatch/LoL/Dota meta talk. Fuck wow because of monthly shit, BDO is one-time thing, yet most of these games are paid to win but I'm okay with a good squad.

If we want to stand out we should start in expanding out onto other games, I dunno at the point.  I'll be active on steam more often. But I'm just here trying to get some idea rolling :sweatdrop:

Community servers are pretty much are impossible to populate at this point. Many people go to big community servers rather than trying out new servers by low-key communities. Also, community servers population are in decline due to the game its self pretty much dying (at least CS:GO). I say just make a server that people want, personally I would like to have a mini-game server out at some point, it's fun and simple to play & make.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2017 at 3:46 AM, Michael said:

20,000 is still far below 300,000 so I doubt it has any more light for custom servers than cs:go does.

20000 (per day) x 30 (average days in a month) = 600000 players a month.

i think 600000 > 300000

3 hours ago, James said:

20000 (per day) x 30 (average days in a month) = 600000 players a month.

i think 600000 > 300000

Math equation is a little off, it's not 20,000 new people every day that's the average player base it would be 20,000 x 30 / 30 =20,000 if you want to find the average

In my opinion league would most likely be the best opportunity. Its obviously insanely popular and is most likely gonna grow with the recent franchising of their pro league which is pulling in NBA teams. We would need a gimmick that gives people reason to join us, which may be hard. Can only think of weekly tourneys or something along those lines.

13 minutes ago, Tizona said:

In my opinion league would most likely be the best opportunity. Its obviously insanely popular and is most likely gonna grow with the recent franchising of their pro league which is pulling in NBA teams. We would need a gimmick that gives people reason to join us, which may be hard. Can only think of weekly tourneys or something along those lines.

League is hard to build a community from but i think tourneys are a good idea if you can get a decent following

19 hours ago, Tizona said:

We could host an amateur LCS. Have a league for B/S, G/P, and D+.